We are now accepting Tech Crew resumes for the 2022 season of Halloween Nights at Eastern State Penitentiary.
We are hiring for the following positions:
- Build Crew: Approximately July 6 to September 24. All phases of build and show set up. Standard summer hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Some evening work and overtime is required during the summer if production schedule begins to lag and is required during set up in the early fall.
- Show Techs: Approximately September 7 to November 24. Show Techs are responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and operation of the show once it is up and running. Show Techs begin by assisting with build of temporary structures and outdoor lighting install followed by intensive training. Shifts rotate weekly once the show is open: Day (10:00 am - 7:00 pm), Mid (12:00 pm - 9:00 pm), Show (5:00 pm - possible 2:00 am close). Ideally, Show Techs have also been a part of the Build Crew.
- Project Techs: As needed July to September. Project Techs have contracts based per project. These special projects can last from one day to one month and usually require only one or two skillsets that can range from general labor to specialized knowledge.
Tech Crew positions maintain the high standards that Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site requires in order to provide visitors with a safe and enjoyable experience.
The ideal candidates possess one or more of the following skills:
- Set building
- Electrical controls
- PLC and other controller programming
- Theatrical lighting/DMX
- Audio installation
- Read technical prints and drawings
Tech Crew members must routinely carry loads of up to 50 lbs. Candidates must follow safety standards, be punctual, have a positive attitude, and be good team players. Wage and position are based on experience and skillset.
Application Deadline and Details: Interested applicants should send their resume with current contact info to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate what position(s) you are interested in. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
ESPHS strongly believes in second chances and, as such, is committed to providing appropriate employment opportunities to those who have been incarcerated. As a condition of employment, all individuals who accept an employment offer must complete a criminal background check. Eastern State will review any criminal record and make appropriate employment decisions in accordance with applicable law and its policies.